Shifting Power from the Inside Out: Lessons on Becoming Member-Led from Mujeres Unidas y Activas
Shifting Power from the Inside Out shares one organization’s journey towards:
- Increasing representation of community members amongst leadership and staff.
- Developing specific internal practices to ensure that immigrant women are encouraged to step up — and that US born women take a back seat — in organizational leadership.
- Encouraging frank discussions about race, class and power.
- Ending practices of white supremacy that limit the leadership of people of color.
- Shifting towards a model of collaboration and authentic shared leadership.
The report, produced collaboratively by Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) and RoadMap, offers a new framework for community-based organizations on the evolution from member-based to member-led organizational structure, culture and practice.
At a time when political leaders in the U.S. are using rhetoric and policy to terrorize and silence immigrant communities, Shifting Power demonstrates how we can back immigrant women as the leaders our movements need.
You can download the Executive Summary, the full report, and the infographic at the bottom of this page.
We are releasing a series of 6 videos featuring immigrant women and allies sharing what they’ve learned in the leadership development process.
For more information, contact:
Erika Estrada — email@example.com
Jess St. Louis — firstname.lastname@example.org
Download PDF: "MUA RoadMap Shifting Power Full Report"Download PDF: "Shifting Power Report — Executive Summary"Download PDF: "MUA RoadMap Org Transformation Graphic 2019"