Grants and Contracts Manager
Are you looking to be part of a powerful grassroots movement to protect immigrant rights? Would you enjoy joining a vibrant local organization founded and led by Latina immigrant women? If you are fully bilingual, have a knack for data analysis, and want to contribute your skills to a meaningful cause, then you’re in the right place.
Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a 28 year-old organization of Latina immigrant women with a dual mission of promoting personal transformation and building power for social and economic justice. We are a safe space for immigrant women to receive the support they need to overcome interpersonal violence, strengthen their leadership, and stand up for their rights. We have offices in San Francisco and Oakland, and a program site in Union City. We are also the fiscal sponsor and anchor organization for the California Domestic Workers Coalition. With 27 staff and an annual budget of just over $3 million, MUA is part of a vibrant statewide and national movement to protect immigrant rights, women’s rights and workers’ rights. We are led by the community we serve: the majority of our staff are immigrants, and Spanish in the dominant language in our offices and all of our programs.
The Grants and Contract Manager helps MUA fulfill its responsibilities to its funders by ensuring the delivery of timely and high quality reports and proposals. The GCM serves primarily as the organizations database administrator, supervising all phases of data entry and analysis. This includes collecting, monitoring and ongoing evaluation of quantitative and qualitative program data to ensure fiscal and programmatic compliance for all contracts. Additionally the position provides assistance with institutional fundraising in coordination with the Development Director.
The Grants and Contracts Manager is part of the FARO (Finanzas, Administración, Recaudación, Operaciones) team. This position reports directly to the Development Director and also works closely with the Finance Director to support fiscal compliance. The Grants and Contracts Manager works regularly with program staff to collect data and updates for grant and contract reports. This position can work from either our San Francisco or Oakland office, and may need to meet with staff at either office depending on the projects due that week.
Grants and Contracts Management (50%)
- Manage quantitative and qualitative reporting for all foundation and government contracts and subcontracts.
- Manage invoicing for contracts and grants in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of member data in all reporting.
- Coordinate renewal of all government contracts, preparing grant plans, reports and budgets with oversight from the Development Director.
- Manage the Grants and Contracts Calendar in Google Docs in sync with the Deadlines calendar in Google Calendar.
- Support the Finance Director with fiscal compliance for contracts, including tracking staff time allocated under each contract and ensuring that a functional timesheet system is set up and maintained to match reporting requirements.
- Oversee the file management system for grants and contracts so that all approved proposals, budgets, reports, award letters, are scanned, returned to the donor, and filed both on the server and in hard copy at the San Francisco office.
- Coordinate and manage documentation needed for proposal submission, including uploads necessary to funder portals.
- Attend all required contract-related meetings and trainings, including discovery meetings mandated for RFP submission.
- Attend program meetings and activities related to understanding grants and contracts when needed.
Data Systems (40%)
- Serve as database subject matter expert to train users of all skill levels on data entry protocols.
- Analyze staff data systems to assess areas for consolidation and improvement.
- Ensure the data tracking strategies are reasonable and useful to staff members and volunteers.
- Work with the Movement Technology Fellows on our team to support implementation of improved data capture systems, including the implementation of a Member ID system for data security purposes.
- Oversee the quality of program data to ensure the agencies to prepare funding and contract reports.
- Maintain Salesforce database and Excel tracking sheets, including quarterly audits and cleaning as necessary.
- Supervise program data entry to capture member information and program activities accurately.
General Support (10%)
- Collaborate with Development Director as needed on projects that contribute to annual fundraising outcomes.
Our ideal candidate would have experience with relational databases (specifically Salesforce), an interest in program development and evaluation, and be fully bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written).
Candidates should have:
- Prior experience collaborating directly with Latinx immigrants
- Fluency in both Spanish and English
- Strong attention to detail, especially in writing and editing in English
- Comfort with computers: Excel, Word, Google Docs, and databases
- Commitment to movements for immigrant rights and women’s rights
- Demonstrated understanding of current political and social context
- Ability to manage complexity, be flexible, and track multiple projects at once
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively in a community-based setting
- Experience providing training to other staff preferred
- Prior contract management experience preferred
Salary Range and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $48,000 – $51,000 FTE, depending on experience. The position is budgeted as full time but can be negotiated to be 32 or 35 hours per week for someone interested in a more flexible schedule. Given the high level of on-the-job training provided, we are hoping to find a candidate who will be interested in staying with MUA for multiple years, assuming the fit is good for all concerned.
This position comes with an extensive benefit package, including:
- Health plan
- Dental plan
- Life insurance and accident insurance
- Flexible spending account, including employer contributions to cover commute costs and medical co-pays, and
- 401(k) contributions after the first year of service.
Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references to email@example.com. Note the job title and your name in the email subject line. Send materials as one single attachment in either Word or PDF. No phone calls or visits please!
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis: this position is open until filled.
Mujeres Unidas y Activas is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.