Are you looking to be part of a powerful grassroots movement to protect immigrant rights in California? Do you believe in the power of women to overcome domestic violence? Would you enjoy joining a vibrant organization founded and led by Latina immigrant women? If you are fully bilingual, well-organized and detail-oriented, and have relevant contract management experience, then we have an excellent opportunity for you.
Grants and Contracts Manager
Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a 28 year-old organization created by Latina immigrant women with a dual mission of promoting personal transformation and building power for social and economic justice. We are a safe space for immigrant women to receive the support they need to overcome interpersonal violence, strengthen their leadership, and stand up for their rights. We have offices in San Francisco and Oakland, and a program site in Union City. We are also the fiscal sponsor and anchor organization for the California Domestic Workers Coalition. With 25 staff and an annual budget of just over $3 million, MUA is part of a vibrant statewide and national movement to protect immigrant rights, women’s rights and workers’ rights. We are led by the community we serve: the majority of our staff are immigrants, and Spanish in the dominant language in our offices and all of our programs.
The Grants and Contract Manager helps MUA fulfill its responsibilities to its funders by ensuring the delivery of timely and high quality reports and proposals. The GCM oversees quantitative and qualitative data collection for ongoing program monitoring and evaluation, helps ensure fiscal compliance for all contracts, and assists with institutional fundraising tasks. Previous experience with government contracts is required for this position. Comfort with data collection and databases is also required.
The Grants and Contracts Manager is part of the FARO (Finanzas, Administración, Recaudación, Operaciones) team. This position reports directly to the Development Director and also works with the Finance Director to support fiscal compliance. The Grants and Contracts Manager works with program staff to collect data and updates for grant and contract reports. This position can work from our San Francisco or Oakland office, and may need to meet with staff at either office depending on the projects due that week.
Grants and Contracts Management (50%)
- Manage quantitative and qualitative reporting for all foundation and government contracts and subcontracts.
- Attend all required contract-related meetings and trainings with the City of SF and other government agencies
- Manage renewal of all government contracts, preparing reports and budgets with oversight from the Development Director
- Maintain the Grants and Contracts Calendar in Google Docs in sync with the Deadlines calendar in Google Calendar
- Ensure fiscal compliance with contract requirements, including implementing functional timesheets and segregation, in coordination with the Finance Director
- Ensure strict confidentiality of member data in all reporting
- Maintain well-organized electronic files of grants and contracts on our server, including approved proposals, budgets, reports, and related documentation
- Ensure that grant and contract award letters and scanned, returned to the donor, and filed both on the server and in hard copy at the San Francisco office.
Data Systems (30%)
- Work with program staff to support data collection for reports
- Analyze staff data systems to assess areas for consolidation and improvement
- Work with the Movement Technology Fellows on our team to support implementation of improved data capture systems, including the implementation of a Member ID system for data security purposes
Institutional Fundraising (20%)
- Help research and track potential funders for MUA
- Gather information needed for proposals in coordination with the Development Director
- Help upload necessary documents to funder portals
- Participate in budget meetings to determine funding gaps
Skills and characteristics required
- Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written)
- Prior contract management experience required
- Strong attention to detail, especially in writing and editing in English
- Comfortable with computers: Excel, Word, Google Docs, and databases (Salesforce a plus)
- Commitment to movements for immigrants rights and women’s rights
- Demonstrated understanding of current political and social context
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Commitment to working as part of a team in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to communicate with funders with confidence and a professional demeanor
Salary Range and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $48,000 – $52,000 FTE, depending on experience. The position is budgeted as full time but can be negotiated to be 32 or 35 hours per week for someone interested in a more flexible schedule.
This position comes with an extensive benefit package, including:
- Health plan
- Dental plan
- Life insurance and accident insurance
- Flexible spending account, including employer contributions to cover commute costs and medical co-pays, and
- 401(k) contributions after the first year of service.
Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the job title and your name in the email subject line. Send materials as one single attachment in either Word or PDF. If you applied for a position recently at MUA, you can simply send an email letting us know you are interested in being considered for this position as well. No phone calls or visits please! This position will remain open until filled.
Mujeres Unidas y Activas is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.