Are you looking to be part of a powerful grassroots movement to protect immigrant rights in California? Do you believe in the power of women to overcome domestic violence? Would you enjoy joining a vibrant organization founded and led by Latina immigrant women? If you are fully bilingual and have some prior grantwriting experience, then we have an excellent opportunity for you.
The Development Associate helps the development team reach fundraising goals by: gathering and preparing information needed for grant proposals and reports, assisting with preparing fundraising events, maintaining our contact database, and other fundraising and contract management tasks. The Development Associate also helps with communications and social media. Skills that are critical for success in this position include the ability to manage multiple projects and strong attention to detail.
The Development Associate is part of the FARO (Finanzas, Administración, Recaudación, Operaciones) team. This position reports to the Development Director, and works in close collaboration with the Grassroots Fundraising Coordinator. The Development Associate works with program staff to collect data and updates for grant and contract reports.
Reports and Proposals (60%)
- Assist the Development Director in the preparation of reports and proposals to foundations and government agencies
- Maintain the Grants and Contracts Calendar in Google Docs in sync with the Deadlines calendar in Google Calendar
- Work with program staff to collect data (quantitative and qualitative) for reports
- Help research potential funders for MUA
- Ensuring that grant award letters and scanned, returned to the donor, and filed both on the server and at the San Francisco office.
Donor Relations (25%)
- Assist with preparing and sending donor mailings and appeals
- Provide support for special events, including donor outreach and follow up
- Sort and distribute mail at SF office to ensure donations are processed in a timely manner
- Enter donations into Salesforce contact database
- Assist with sending out donation acknowledgement letters in a timely manner
- Support optimization of contact database for individual donor campaigns
Communications and Social Media (15%)
- Upload photos and media coverage of MUA’s work to our website and social media platforms.
- Update MUA’s website when needed, including ensuring Events page is current
- Support the development and sending of the newsletter and e-bulletin
- Provide translation support to staff for external communications when needed
Skills and characteristics required
• Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written)
• Prior grantwriting and/or contract management experience preferred
• Strong attention to detail, especially in writing and editing text in both languages
• Great computer skills: managing databases, Excel, and Word
• Commitment to movements for immigrants rights and women’s rights
• Demonstrated understanding of current political and social context
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Commitment to working as part of a team in a collaborative work environment
• Ability to communicate with donors with enthusiasm and a professional demeanor
• Willingness to work in either the San Francisco or Oakland office as needed
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $35,000-$40,000 DOE.
This position comes with an extensive benefit package, including:
- Health plan
- Dental plan
- Life insurance and accident insurance
- Flexible spending account, including employer contributions to cover commute costs and medical co-pays, and
- 401(k) contributions after the first year of service.
Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
This position requires oral and written fluency in Spanish and English.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references by December 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note job title in the email subject line. Send materials as one single attachment in either Word or PDF. No phone calls please! This position will remain open until filled.
Mujeres Unidas y Activas is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!