Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
Position open until filled, preference given to applications received before Oct 27, 2022
Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a 33 year-old grassroots organization of Latina immigrant women with a double mission of promoting personal transformation and building community power. MUA offers intensive community organizing and leadership training, mutual support workshops and peer counseling, workforce development training, and workers’ rights projects, and community education and organizing campaigns that allow immigrant women’s voices to be heard on the local, state, and national levels. MUA is committed to building an organization that is led by its membership. Currently, 22 of 33 staff began as member-leaders in MUA.
The Donor Relations Coordinator position is an essential position in MUA’s fundraising area. This position is supervised by the Grassroots Fundraising Manager. She/he/they are responsible for coordinating the fundraising campaigns and individual donors events. The coordinator develops and maintains good relationships with key donors, including making fund requests. She/he/they support the logistics and facilitation of the monthly MUA fundraising committee meeting composed of MUA members. She/he/they motivates the participation of staff, board members, and membership in fundraising and develops and facilitates workshops in this area. During the first 3-6 months, the coordinator will support MUA with carrying out key responsibilities of our Fundraising Assistant while on leave.
- Coordinate the logistics of fundraising campaigns two or three times a year
- Database management (Salesforce) for fundraising activities
- Work with key staff members and our graphic designer to create mailings to donors
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns on social media with the Communications Coordinator
- Motivate the participation of the staff, Board of Directors and committee members during fundraising campaigns
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key donors and allies
- Create donation history reports to support fundraising strategies
- Coordinate the mailing of annual appreciation gifts to key donors
- Manage the migration of the Network for Good platform to a new platform integrated with Salesforce
- Perform monthly follow ups with key donors whose donations are due in the system
- Prepare and update thank you letter templates
- In coordination with the Fundraising Assistant, prepare and send thank you letters to donors
- Support with the transition to a new automated letter system through Salesforce Lightning
- Support the Fundraising Assistant to coordinate the logistics and facilitate the member-led Fundraising Committee meetings
- Work with fundraising team to develop and facilitate basic fundraising trainings for staff, Board and members
Temporary responsibilities, first 3 to 6 months:
- Pick up and open correspondence at the San Francisco office each week; scan and organize checks and other correspondence when appropriate
- Document donations received in a Google Sheet and upload this information to Salesforce
- Manage the Network for Good system and reports to record donations online
- Prepare and send thank you letters to donors
- Coordinate logistics and facilitate the monthly Fundraising Committee meetings, and ensure good documentation of participation and activities of the members referred
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers and immigrant communities as well as a commitment to the leadership development of immigrant women
- Knowledge of and alignment with MUA mission and values
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working or volunteering in community organizations
- Knowledge of basic fundraising concepts and/or interested in learning
- Understanding of the importance of fundraising in social movements
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other technological tools
- Database experience (ideally Salesforce or similar platform) and/or interest in learning
- Ability to work well in a team and independently and with different types of personalities/people
- Bilingual; advanced spoken and written Spanish, and intermediate spoken and written English.
Compensation and benefits:
Hours: Non-exempt full-time position at 40 hours a week with flexibility to start with part-time.
Salary: $53k-56k depending on experience.
Benefits: Excellent benefits include: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term
Disability insurance, contributions to an FSA account for transportation as well as medical expenses, 401k plan, generous paid time off, and sabbatical leave. The workplace culture provides flexibility for self-care and for family/community commitments.
Work location: MUA’s staff is still working a hybrid schedule depending on need. Eventually, this position will work out of MUA’s two main offices -Oakland and San Francisco.
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English, and three references, preferably by October 27, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the job title in the email subject line. No phone calls, please!