Job Announcement: Finance Associate
Position open until filled, preference is given to applications received by Tuesday, August 1st
Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a 33 year old grassroots organization of Latina immigrant women with a double mission of promoting personal transformation and building community power. MUA offers intensive community organizing and leadership training, mutual support workshops and peer counseling, workforce development training and workers’ rights projects, and community education and organizing campaigns that allow immigrant women’s voices to be heard on the local, state and national levels. MUA is committed to building an organization that is led by its membership. Currently, 24 of 35 staff began as member leaders in MUA.
The Finance Associate supports the finance and administration department with daily finance tasks and administration projects. They are responsible for processing payments and preparing deposits. They are responsible for ensuring proper documentation of the use of credit cards and petty cash. The Finance Associate maintains documentation in an organized manner, and assists in other administrative areas and projects.
● Process payments by reviewing reimbursement forms and invoices ensuring they are filled out and approved correctly
● Reconcile petty cash each month
● Investigate delinquent accounts, avoid duplicate payments and wrong charges
● Prepare and deposit donations by check and cash every 2 weeks; this means going to the bank regularly
● Coordinate review and approval of invoices and deposits with the Director of Finance
● Ensure that credit card forms are completed on time and receipts for expenses over $50 have been saved in the shared drive on Google Drive
● Maintain and update information needed by tax consultants (1099)
● Support in the preparation of files and reports for the audit, tax reports, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
● Strong commitment to the immigrant rights movement and racial, economic, social and gender justice, and to the empowerment of immigrant women as well as alignment with MUA’s mission and values.
● Basic knowledge and management of technological tools: Google Workspace (email, google sheets, docs, calendar), Microsoft Office (word, excel, power point), specifically using excel spreadsheets and google sheets.
● Exceptional attention to detail and high ability doing mathematical calculations
● Ability to learn and understand administrative and financial policies and regulations in order to manage them
● Excellent written and oral communication skills to explain processes and policies with staff and members
● Language: Advanced written and oral Spanish, basic written and oral English
● Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends from time to time
● Experience working with people from diverse cultures, life experiences, and educational and job training
● Accounting experience: Preferred but not required
Compensation: Salary range $58,000-$60,000 annually. It is a non-exempt full-time position, 40 hours per week. Includes a comprehensive benefits package, such as medical and dental insurance; accident and life insurance; support to cover travel costs and medical co-payments; employer contributions to a 401k plan after the first year of service. Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references, by Tuesday, August 1st to Jessica Amezquita (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note the job title (Finance Associate) in the email subject line. No phone calls please! This position is open until filled.
Mujeres Unidas y Activas is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTIQA+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Communications Coordinator at MUAView All Posts by Jenni Martinez