Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
Position open until filled, preference given to applications received before January 30, 2023
Who We Are
Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a 33 year-old grassroots organization of Latina immigrant women with a double mission of promoting personal transformation and building community power. MUA offers intensive community organizing and leadership training, mutual support workshops and peer counseling, workforce development training and workers’ rights projects, and community education and organizing campaigns that allow immigrant women’s voices to be heard on the local, state and national levels. MUA is committed to building an organization that is led by its membership. Currently, 23 of 33 staff began as member-leaders in MUA.
About the position
The Human Resources Coordinator assists the HR Director in the administration of benefits offered to MUA staff such as health benefits, retirement plan, workers’ compensation insurance, and paid time off. She/He/they are in charge of all systems and processes related to payroll. The Human Resources Coordinator provides support and solutions to challenges related to benefits and facilitates training on these benefits in coordination with external consultants. She/he/they help keep local, state, and federal employment law policies up to date and are responsible for ensuring compliance as well as effectively educating staff members about these laws. She/he/they work closely with the HR Director to complete the annual health benefits, liability insurance, and workers compensation’s renewals. Finally, she/he/they assist the Human Resources Director with the onboarding and offboarding processes and in other HR tasks as needed. The HR Coordinator will be supervised by the Human Resources Director.
- Assist with processes and systems related to payroll ensuring clear and accurate documentation
- Manage and update PTO tracking sheets
- Assist in preparing HR documents for the annual audit
- Provide training and support to staff on timesheets and the different codes and policies related to payroll
- Provide health benefits training and education to staff as well as 1-1 support
- Support the Human Resources Director with the health benefits renewal and open enrollment period
- Process the 401k contributions payment and facilitate educational workshops on in coordination with the plan’s consultants
- Assist in the 401k annual reconciliation
- Provide education to staff on and labor laws and internal policies
- Assist in the annual renewals of workers’ compensation and general insurance
- Assist with the onboarding of new staff members as well as offboarding and other staff transitions
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Assist with responses to State Disability Insurance and Unemployment Insurance claims.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Strongly believe in MUA’s mission and values and demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of immigrant women and to social justice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently and with different types of personalities
- Time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and professional experience in handling data and numbers
- Excellent ability to appropriately handle sensitive and/or confidential information
- Knowledge and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office, G Suite, among others technological tools
- Bilingual; advanced level of spoken and written Spanish, and intermediate or advanced level of spoken and written English
- Prior experience in human resources is preferred but not required
Compensation and benefits:
Hours: Non-exempt full-time position at 40 hours a week
Salary: $53k-56k depending on experience. MUA is the process of revising its salary scale. A salary adjustment will be made to this position once the new scale is approved by the board of directors.
Benefits: Excellent benefits include: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term Disability insurance, contributions to an FSA account for transportation as well as medical expenses, 401k plan, generous paid time off, and sabbatical leave. The workplace culture provides flexibility for self-care and for family/community commitments.
Work location: MUA’s two main offices -Oakland and San Francisco.
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references, preferably by January 30, 2023 to email@example.com. Note the job title in the email subject line. No phone calls please!
Mujeres Unidas y Activas is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGTBQ+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!