Job Announcement : Program Manager
Are you someone who can keep your eye on high level goals while ensuring careful and detail-oriented implementation? Are you able to communicate expectations and deadlines effectively to multiple staff members? Are you good at ensuring communication across multiple program areas and teams? Come put those skills to work at MUA!
Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a grassroots organization with 33 years of experience organizing Latina immigrant women. MUA has a dual mission of promoting personal transformation and building community power for social and economic justice. The organization offers its members mutual support workshops and peer counseling performed by certified counselors from their community. We offer worker rights workshops and counseling, and workforce development trainings. MUA also offers immigrant rights workshops, as well as referrals to legal resources and services. Our members participate in leadership development and political education programing. MUA engages its members in community organizing and political campaigns that allow immigrant women’s voices to be heard on important issues at the local, state and national levels. MUA is committed to building an organization that is led by its membership. Currently, 22 of 34 staff began as member leaders in MUA.
About the Program Manager
MUA’s current programs focus on personal development and healing, leadership development, base building, and political activism. Within each of these program areas, MUA offers a variety of activities such as membership and committee meetings, new member orientations, vocational training and labor rights counseling, political education and leadership development courses, English classes, social service and legal referrals, and community-based Know your Rights workshops. The role of the Program Manager is to work with Program Directors to ensure alignment between the different program objectives and the organizations’ strategic goals and mission. The Program Manager will monitor the progress and implementation of the different programs to ensure objectives are met. She/he/they will meet with each program coordinator on a regular basis; ensure coordination of MUA’s activities and services for our members; and provide support to ensure that proper and accurate documentation is maintained. She/he/they will work closely with the Grants and Contracts Manager to understand deliverables and documentation requirements. The Program Manager will support the Program Directors to create an effective evaluation method, in order to assess the strengths of the different programs and to identify any areas of improvement. She/he/they will also support Program Directors with monitoring programmatic budgets and provide recommendations when developing new budgets. Finally, the Program Manager will support program development and monitoring by working with partner organizations and government agencies on behalf of the organization.
- Work closely with the Program Directors as well as program coordinators to create plans for each program, ensuring that they align with the contracts and grants deliverables as well as the strategic goals of the organization.
- Monitor the progress of the work plans of each program to ensure goals and deadlines are met
- Create an effective method to evaluate the different programs and assess the strengths and areas for improvement
- Manage and regularly update MUA’s calendar of events and activities in coordination with all staff
- Coordinate with the communications coordinator to ensure proper posting of activities and events in social media
- Work closely with the Contracts and Grants Manager to understand documentation requirements of activities and services
- Work closely with those programs coordinators to ensure that accurate documentation of all activities and services is maintained
- Maintain and update internal as well as external referral resource guides to ensure that members are referred to the appropriate MUA staff or community agency
- Participate and represent MUA in key meetings with coalitions and government agencies
- Participate in developing and monitoring budgets along with Program Directors
- Help to maintain the organization’s database, in collaboration with other key responsible staff.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Passionate about fighting for social justice and strong commitment to the empowerment of immigrant women
- Bilingual English-Spanish, with advanced written and spoken communication skills.
- 3+ years of program management or project management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including communication across different cultural perspectives and levels of professional training
- Proven ability to work with emotional intelligence, navigating individual and team conflicts productively, with empathy and integrity
- Ability to monitor progress towards goals,and track measures of success effectively.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other productivity apps
- Experience working with a database, preferably Salesforce.
- Knowledge on budgeting is a plus.
Hours: Non-exempt full-time position at 40 hours a week.
Salary: $61k-64k, depending on experience.
Benefits: Excellent benefits include: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, contributions to an FSA account for transportation as well as medical expenses, 401k plan, and sabbatical leave. Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
Location: Oakland and San Francisco
Application Process: Send resume, cover letter in English and Spanish, and three references to Erika Estrada at: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2022. Please write “Job Application: Program Manager” on the subject line. This position is open until filled.
Mujeres Unidas y Activas is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!