Job Opening – Program Manager
Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a grassroots organization with 30 years of experience organizing Latina immigrant women. MUA has a dual mission of promoting personal transformation and building community power for social and economic justice. The organization offers its members mutual support workshops and peer counseling performed by certified counselors from their community. We offer worker rights workshops and counseling, and workforce development trainings. MUA also offers immigrant rights workshops, as well as referrals to legal resources and services. Our members participate in leadership development and political education programing. MUA engages its members in community organizing and political campaigns that allow immigrant women’s voices to be heard on important issues at the local, state and national levels. MUA is committed to building an organization that is led by its membership. Currently, 22 of 34 staff began as member leaders in MUA.
MUA seeks a Program Manager to help us ensure the implementation of our programs for our membership and to ensure that we meet the goals of the organization.
The Program Manager supports the coordination of the activities Mujeres Unidas y Activas offers to our community and our membership, in order to meet our goals in the areas of base building; personal development and healing; leadership development and political activism. These include general membership meetings, orientation sessions for new members and committee meetings for leaders; vocational training and labor counseling; support groups and peer counseling; political education and leadership development training; ESL classes; Know Your Rights workshops and legal referrals, among other things. The Program Manager maintains MUA’s Activities Calendar and works with the staff responsible for each of the various work areas to coordinate, manage and document
the organization’s programmatic work.
- Collaborate with team directors at MUA in order to develop programmatic work plans for the organization, based on contract and grant deliverables as well as the organization’s strategic goals.
- Support MUA directors in the supervision of work, keeping track of deadlines and ensuring proper documentation of activities. Also supports staff in resolving challenges that may arise with the implementation of work plans.
- Responsible for maintaining MUA’s events and activities calendar, as well as coordinating with the communications staff to ensure proper publication of updates on our website and social media.
- Regularly meet with staff responsible for supervising projects, in order to get updates, monitor
the implementation of work plans, and ensure that goals are met.
- Coordinates regularly with the Grants and Contracts Manager, and with supervisors and directors, in order to ensure good communication regarding project deliverables, documentation
requirements and report deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining the Internal References Guide, which helps MUA’s staff to refer our membership to the various services and activities the organization offers our community. Also coordinates with MUA’s staff to update the External Resources and References Guide, with information about resources and services our community can seek outside the organization.
- Represents MUA in key coalitions and government agencies whenever necessary to coordinate work plans in connection with contracts and agreements. Coordinates with MUA’s team directoras and the Contracts and Grants Manager.
- Provides support to MUA’s directors when setting and monitoring programmatic budgets.
- Evaluates MUA’s programs and work projects and makes recommendations to the organization’s directors for the improvement of the same.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Committed to the empowerment of immigrant women and to social justice.
- Bilingual English-Spanish, with advanced written and spoken communication skills.
- Understands program objectives and organizational strategic goals.
- Directs and manages work following a model of shared and inclusive leadership.
- Experience with project management and supervision, designing and managing work plans, as well as monitoring deadlines and writing reports.
- Knowledge of tools and methods for work management, including digital communication tools and the most widely used computer applications, such as google documents and Microsoft office.
- Skillful at setting data driven standards and deadlines for monitoring progress of projects; as well as conducting data driven qualitative and quantitative evaluations of the same.
- Experience working with a database, preferably Salesforce.
- Patient and willing to work collaboratively and with a wide variety of personalities.
- Advanced personal communication skills, in order to work closely with staff to coordinate work.
Duration: This is a permanent position.
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt position; minimum of 40 hours a week.
Salary: $58,000 – $64,000, depending on experience.
Benefits: Excellent benefits include: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, FSA account, 401k plan, and sabbatical plan. Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
Location: This position is based in the Bay Area of California. It may begin on a remote basis for the time being, until MUA returns to work in-person at our San Francisco or Oakland offices.
Application Process: Send resume, cover letter in English and Spanish, and three references to Erika Estrada at: firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Job Application: Program Manager” on the subject line. This position is open until filled.
Mujeres Unidas y Activas is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
MUA - Mujeres Unidas y Activas
MUA is a grassroots organization of Latina immigrant women with a dual mission of personal transformation and community power. Creating an environment of understanding and confidentiality, MUA empowers and educates our members through mutual support and training to be leaders in their own lives and in the community. Working with diverse allies, MUA promotes unity and civic-political participation to achieve social justice.View All Posts by MUA - Mujeres Unidas y Activas